Easing Restrictions in Islamabad Lockdown till May, 31 st 2020:
A notification has been issued by the office of the District Magistrate for extending lockdown till 31st May 2020 with the following additional discharges.
Construction sector including, businesses of steel and PVC pipes, electric appliances, manufacturers of street & aluminum equipment, ceramics and paints industries, sanitary, paint, steel and aluminum works, and hardware store have been released from the previous strict lockdown. They are advised to adopt SOPs/guidelines issued for industrial units and sales points by the government.
All factories which are exempted from the negative list, including the export industry, will be permitted to resume their services. However, a complete notification in this respect shall be issued separately by the appropriate experts.
All retail shops excluded big shopping malls, I & T Centers, all community centers and markets and all small markets of rural areas are allowed to open, with the effect of the same adoption of SOPs/guidelines.
Golf Course, Parks, Polo Clubs, Trail, Tennis courts, all such types of places and activities with no public gathering and they must abide by SOPs/Guidelines for parks/trails for keeping social distancing by wearing of masks, etc.
Shops and businesses excused under this order shall for five days in a week from 8:00 are to 5:00 pm and remain closed on Saturday & Sunday, commences w.e.f. 9th May 2020.
Islamabad Capital Territory Authority (ICTA) following the similar SOPs issued by the Government of Punjab, On the other hand in Punjab 3 days will be followed by lockdown and 4 days in a week government give eased to the restrictions. However CTA explained that following malls and business shall continue to remain closed.
- Main Marakiz (shopping Center) of all sectors, Blue Area, Aabpara, Karachi Company, Super, Jinnah Super, Melody, F-10, F-11, I-10, I-8, and other sectorial Marakiz.
- Main Marakiz/commercial centers of private and cooperative housing societies.
- Rawat, Bara Kahu, Tarnor and other major bazaars of rural areas
- All Educational Institutions
- Restaurants (except takeaway and home delivery)
- All Marriage Halls, Marquees, Cinemas including in societies and places of gatherings.
- Worshippers of all nations, Public processions/gatherings.
- Organized any sports or social events and concerts.
- All hair salons, barbershops.
- All Gymnasiums and playing in parks.
The Federal Government directed the Tiger Force of volunteers to have fully check on these activities. They must report a violation of SOPs to the concerned Sub Divisional Magistrates/Assistant Commissioners.