Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship 2021/2022 (Fully-Funded)
|Type of Scholarship||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Posted Date||10 July 2021|
|Last Date||31 July 2021|
|Who Can Apply||International Students|
|Organizer||The Nippon Foundation|
Applications are open for Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship in Japan. This project is intended to providing an opportunity to study in Japan for young Japanese descendants having definite plans and dreams of promoting understanding between the country of resident and Japan and contributing to the development of the country of resident and local communities.
- Round-trip airfare.
- Any expense to be paid to the school including examination fee, admission charge, tuition, course materials, etc.
- Living expense (130,000 yen/month)
- Housing expense (max. 50,000 yen/month)
- Key money (max. 200,000 yen)
- Student commutation ticket
- Medical insurance premium (fraternal insurance)
- Expenses for group workshops and participation fees for academic conferences.
- Japanese descents
- Be 18 to 35 years old in principle.
- Recommended by overseas Japanese descent organizations.
- Have a dream of acquiring technical knowledge and, after returning home, playing active roles in the countries of resident and local communities.
- Have a dream of working as a bridge for their countries of resident and Japan by making most of overseas study experiences.
- Eager to participate in overseas students’ volunteer activities and social action programs.
- Country: Mainly in Central and South America area (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, etc.)
- Documentary examination in the first 10 days of September
- Interview between the last 10 days of September and the first 10 days of October
Final decision of acceptance/rejection:
- Late October
- Personal History (Form 1)
- Composition (Form 2)
- Overseas Study Plan (Form 3)
- Informal Letter of Acceptance (Form 4) (Optional. For applicants who were already admitted to the schools in Japan)
- Medical Certificate (Form 5)
- Letter of Recommendation by overseas Japanese descent organizations (Form 6)
- Letter of Commitment (Form7)
- Graduation certificate or student registration certificate