Shafqat Mehmood Press Conference Today April 2021 | Latest News about Exams
Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood, in a press conference on Tuesday April 06, 2021, made it clear that all private and government schools will be closed till April 28 from class 1st to grade 8 in areas where the coroner rate is high.
Briefing the media after the NCOC meeting, the Federal Minister of Education said that what is the situation of pandemic in the country. Educational institutions will open on April 19, 2021, and currently 9th to 12th class students will be called in with strict SOPs to complete the rest of their courses, the Federal Minister of Education said in a statement.
He further said that if the situation in the country worsens again, it may be decided to close the school again.
However, he clarified that all the board examinations including Cambridge would be held on time and the concerned administration would be contacted.
Shafqat Mahmood has asked the universities to extend the date of admissions in their institutions, while online classes should be conducted in the Districts where the number of Corona students is high.
In addition, the Federal Minister of Education said that a meeting would be convened on April 28 to review the situation in the country and decide whether to reopen the primary school or keep it closed till Eid-ul-Fitr.
Key NCOC decisions on meeting held at April 06, 2021
- In Affected districts classes 1 to 8 will remain suspended till April 28
- From April 19 classes 9 to 12 will resume for in-person learning across Pakistan
- Physical classes will remain closed in such Universities where cases ratio is high
- Govt decided to shift the Punjab board exams in the week of May
- The date of Cambridge exams will remain same as announced earlier
- To extend entry exams dates of the Universities which directed by Federal Education Minister
- Authorities declared the next meeting date which will held on April 28.
Education/Health Ministers of Pakistan unanimously made following decisions at NCOC today: 1) In districts affected by corona classes from 1 till 8th will remain closed till 28th April. 2) In these districts classes 9th till 12th will resume in a staggered manner from April 19th— Shafqat Mahmood (@Shafqat_Mahmood) April 6, 2021