What is Diet?
The term ‘diet’ is defined as the sum of food consumed by a person or other organism.
Diet Therapy –
It is concerned with recovery from illness and prevention of disease.
What is Therapeutic Diet?
Therapeutic diet is defined in following important points which given listed below :
- Planned diet
- Modification of normal diet
- Prescribed by doctor and planned by dietitian
- Used to supplement the medical or surgical treatment
- Removing or adding foods
- Change nutrients, caloric contents and/or texture
- Increase or decrease the energy values
- Increase or decrease bulk in the diet e.g. high or low fiber diets