Tom Queba Scholarships for Social Change 2021/2022
|Type of Scholarship||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Posted Date||08 August 2021|
|Last Date||09 August 2021|
Canon Collins Trust calls applications for Tom Queba Scholarships for Social Change in the academic year 2022. Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Tom Queba Memorial Fund invites applications for scholarships for Masters and Doctoral at South African universities. This will offer funding for up to a maximum of two years and an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organized events.
Across all the scholarships, our scholars demonstrate the potential to drive change towards just and equitable civil societies. The dominant requirement of the scholarship is that the proposed study contributes directly to social and/or environmental development, and particularly to the betterment of lives and livelihoods of the poorest people in South Africa.
- Humanities and the Arts
- Sciences and Applied Sciences
- Scholarship package is R85,000
- Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years.
- The scholarships support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- It organizes an annual conference for current scholars and holds several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
- A black South African female national, normally residing in South Africa.
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division, or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application.
- Studying or applying to study at a Masters’ or doctoral level at a South African university.